Drug treatment programs are designed to help a person change every aspect in their life that has been affected by addiction. He or she will begin entering into a drug treatment program by choosing the outline of the program that they want to come into:
Holistic Drug Treatment
- An organic approach to treatment that uses all natural medications, yoga, meditation, and a healthy diet planned by a nutritionist.
12-Step Drug Treatment
- Began during Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, but is now one of the most popular options for drug addiction treatment. Incorporates counseling, therapy, and the 12 steps to recovery as a way for the person to learn more about their substance abuse and learn solutions to a forever recovery.
Self-Help Drug Treatment
- This option is a program designed for someone with a need for treatment, but an inability to leave their responsibilities outside of the rehab. The individual will use outside counseling, therapy, and weekly check-ins as a way to remain sober and get back to their life without addiction present.
Christian Drug Treatment
- Ideal for someone with the desire to become further in touch with Christ. They will be able to go to daily faith-based seminars as well as being surrounded by other Christians going through the same struggles that they are.
Traditional Drug Treatment
- Used the least of all the programs because its approaches are not as modern as other programs. A person will go through the basic program options of detox, counseling, therapy and aftercare while overcoming their addiction.
Each of these programs are then broken down even further by letting the person choose an individual option for their treatment. They will be able to opt to enter into a long-term option or a short term option as well as inpatient or outpatient. These options are given so that someone with a career or schooling that is facing an addiction can still get the help they need as well as for someone that is only in need of short-term treatment as opposed to long-term treatment.
In addition to the outline and length of a Drug treatment program, an individual will also have options for their extracurricular activities as well as their aftercare (optional). The most commonly chosen extracurricular activities chosen by persons includes daily exercising, relaxation, yoga, martial arts, art sessions, and obtaining a higher education. For aftercare, there are standard options chosen that list entering into a half-way house or continuing their counseling outside of Drug treatment programs.
The entire drug treatment program has been meticulously planned out for the highest success rate possible. Thousands of people choose to enter into rehab on a yearly basis opting for a recovery over their addiction to drugs or alcohol. What some people cannot grasp is that it takes hard work and determination to overcome an addiction. If someone puts in the effort, over time an addiction will be overcome, and he or she can get back to their life of dependency recovery.
What Drug Treatment Option is Best for You?
Each rehab option mentioned above affects people completely differently. Some people benefit best from holistic rehab whereas others benefit best from a basic approach such as traditional rehab. Understanding that not every program will work for your addiction and lifestyle is the first step towards planning the perfect recovery for your addiction to drugs or alcohol.
If you are ready to learn more about which rehab will work best with your addiction situation and personal preferences, contact our addiction rehab counselors today.